Collecting of Personal Data through the Site
- We will collect your personal information through your use of the Site, either automatically or as provided by you through your interactions with the Site or with other users of the Site. For example, we may collect your name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth. All information that you provide to UK Home Care Directory must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify UK Home Care Directory of any changes to your information. At our request, you shall promptly provide evidence of your identity and any other information you provide.
- When you use the Site, we automatically collect and store information about your computer, browser or mobile device and your activities. This information could include (a) your computer or other device’s unique ID number; (b) your mobile device’s geographic location while you are using the Site; (c) your IP address: (d) technical information about your computer and mobile device such as type of device, web browser or operating system; (e) your preferences and settings such as time zone and language; (f) how long you used the Site and which services and features you used.
Use of the Information
- We may use your personal information to (a) manage your account and provide the services and support you request; (b) prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce the Terms; (c) customise, measure and improve our services, content and advertising; (d) tell you about our services; (e) better understand our users, diagnose and fix problems; and (f) sell and display offers and ads that may be relevant to you.
- We do not share personal information with others except (a) to provide your details to other users in accordance with the provisions of the Terms; (b) when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared; (c) to allow advertisers and advertising networks to collect information about your computer or mobile device, activities, and geographic location to enable them to display targeted ads to you; (d) to respond to legal requirements (including under the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended, or its local equivalent) or protect a third party’s rights, property, or safety; and (e) to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents that we may appoint to perform functions on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, including our payment providers.
- When you register, you consent to receive email or text messages from us.
You can choose to no longer receive emails or text from us by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that is transferred (through your browser) from a website to the hard drive of your computer. The cookie identifies your browser but will not let a website know any personal information about you, such as your name and/or address. These files are then used by websites to identify when users revisit that website.
- We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. The technology that we use and the security policies which we have implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise that your personal information, or other communications will always remain secure.
Last updated: September 2023