- We reserve the right to update these Terms from time to time at our discretion. If we do so, the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them.
- Users of the Site may be carers (Carers) or service providers (Domestic cleaning services, Home Maintenance services, Pet services) who wish to register to seek to provide care services/Domestic cleaning services, Home Maintenance services, Pet services or individuals who require care services or support to manage their home or care for their pets for themselves or on behalf of a third party (Customers). The Site enables introductions between Carers/service providers and Customers. UK Home Care Directory does not act as principal in any transaction, nor as agent for either party, nor are we party to any binding agreement between the Carers/service providers and Customers in relation to the provision and/or receipt of any services through our platform.
- UK Home Care Directory operates as an introductory agency under the Care Quality Commission Guidelines. We introduce Carers/service providers to Clients (customers). Client then take full responsibility for the provision of their own care/service provision under a personal budget or private arrangement. UK Home Care Directory does not employ carers/service providers, select or allocate carers/service providers, prepare care packages, or provide medical advice, treatment and/or other care services.
- To register and use this Site you must live in the United Kingdom, be at least 18 years old and legally able to enter into a contract in the United Kingdom.
- When you register with the Site you will create a username and password to access and use certain areas of the Site. You will also provide us with your email address and other personal contact details. You must provide us with accurate account information. You are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential and you are responsible for any activity under your account. You shall immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your account. You should close all browser windows at the end of each session and you should not use the “Remember Me” login feature when accessing the Site on a public or shared computer. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this clause.
- If you complete our application form to register as a Carer/service provider, we may telephone you to discuss your application. We may then arrange an interview to ensure that you have the necessary qualifications and/or experience, rights to live and work in the UK, up-to-date DBS checks and appropriate references to carry out the role of carer/service provider. You must immediately tell UK Home Care Directory if your circumstances change.
- If following the interview the Carer/service provider is accepted to offer a service on the Site, the Carer/service provider will have a profile on the Site which will include details of their experience, specialist areas and other relevant information. This information is available on the Site to all users and Carers/service providers acknowledge that customers will use this information to determine which carer/service provider to select. Carers/service providers must ensure that all information you provide to us relates only to you and is true, accurate, current and complete; and you must keep all such information up-to-date. If requested to do so, Carers/service providers must also provide a photograph for use on the Site.
- If you register as a Customer, you will be able to search our database of registered Carers/service providers based on area. Once you have found a Carer/service provider that you wish to contact, you will be able to contact the Carer/service provider through the Site. Carers/service providers must promptly respond to contact from a customer. All interactions must be in English.
- You warrant that you have not copied the information or content you provide to us from anyone else, and you agree that we have the right and licence to use the information and content you provide to us in accordance with the provisions of these Terms.
The care services
- Whilst UK Home Care Directory makes reasonable efforts to check the information provided by Carers/service providers, customers accept and agree that UK Home Care Directory does not investigate the backgrounds of any Carer/service provider, including the qualifications and experience listed by Carers/service providers. Customers must take all necessary precautions in all interactions with Carers/service providers including taking references, ensuring they have the correct insurance and carrying out your own background checks before engaging a Carer/service provider to provide a service/s. Accordingly, Customers agree that UK Home Care Directory does not make any representation or warranty (a) as to the ability, competence, or quality of the Carers/service providers listed on the Site; (b) that the information provided by a Carer/service provider is true, accurate, current and/or complete.
- We strongly recommend that Carers/service providers and Customers enter into a written, legally binding agreement to detail the services to be provided and the fee to be paid.
- Customers must provide a safe, clean and appropriate venue to provide the a service/s. We strongly recommend that Customers should review their home insurance policy to establish whether or not it covers provision of the chosen service/s. Customers agree that UK Home Care Directory take no responsibility or liability for failure to have valid insurance or any loss, damage, injury, or claims made against them.
- Carers must comply with the UK Home Care Directory of Conduct https://www.ukhomecaredirectory.co.uk/service-standards/ and we strongly recommend that Carers/service providers obtain and maintain public liability insurance. On request, Carers/service providers must provide a copy of such insurance to UK Home Care Directory. Carers/service providers take full responsibility for ensuring they have the correct insurance and insurance cover before any work with any customer is undertaken. Carers/service providers agree that UK Home Care Directory take no responsibility or liability for failure to comply with this or any loss, or claims made against them. Customers agree they take full responsibility in ensuring the carer/service provider provides their valid certificate of insurance before the carer/service provider starts working for them. Customers agree that UK Home Care Directory take no responsibility or liability for failure to comply with this and any loss, claims, damage, injury to them.
- Carers/service providers must pay the membership fee to join the site.
- Customers using the site to contact carers/service providers you agree to use this information for your own personal use or to find care for a 3rd party person.
- Membership fees are paid in advance of joining the platform by carers/service providers and once this is received by UK Home Care Directory, your profile on our platform will be uploaded.
- There are no joining Fees for customers to use the platform.
- Fees may increase from time to time and it is your responsibility to keep up to date with any fee increases. Feedback
- Customers can provide feedback for their Carer/service provider via email to email@example.com Customers agree to provide honest feedback that is not unlawful or otherwise defamatory. UK Home Care Directory reserves the right to review such feedback before adding it to the Carer/service provider’s profile and can remove feedback at any time, but UK Home Care Directory does not actively edit feedback and UK Home Care Directory is not liable for any such feedback.
- We do not agree to attempt to resolve any disputes between a Carer/service provider and a Customer; but for our records, we ask that you inform us of any such dispute at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we incur any costs as a result of a Carer/Customer dispute, either the Carer/service provider and/or the Customer in question shall at our discretion be liable to meet such costs.
Use of the Site
- The Site is made available for your own, personal use. The Site must not be used for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. Users of the Site may not use any information obtained from the Site to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any other user except in accordance with these Terms and in relation only to our services.
- When you use the Site you must comply with all applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, you agree not to try to gain unauthorised access to the Site or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Site and/or reproduce, redistribute, sell, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble all or part of the Site save to the extent expressly permitted by law.
- Your interactions on the Site must not contain content that (a) promotes racism, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; (b) harasses or encourages harassment of another person; (c) contains information that is inaccurate, false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; (d) contains inappropriate content, including sexual or violent content; (e) involves the transmission of junk mail, chain letters, or unsolicited mass mailing or spamming; (f) infringes any third party rights, including copyright, trade marks or privacy; and/or (g) contains a virus or other malicious code.
- You agree that we will be entitled to view the content of your interactions with other users. If we deem necessary, we may edit or remove any content for any reason, including within your profile or other interactions.
UK Home Care Directory Site Content
- The copyright in all material contained in the Site including all information, data, text, images and software is owned by or licensed to UK Home Care Directoory (Content). All rights are reserved. You can view, print or download extracts of the Content for your own personal use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use the Content without our permission. The Site may contain information about any of our services on the platform; you acknowledge that such content is for information only and you should not rely on it as advice.
- The Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties. We do not have any influence or control over any such third party websites and we are not responsible for and do not endorse any third party websites or their availability or content.
- We accept no responsibility for adverts, links to goods contained within the Site. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who on the Site, you do so at your own risk. The seller, and not UK Home Care Directory, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any questions or complaints in relation to them, you should contact the seller.
Liability and disclaimer – Your attention is particularly drawn to this clause
- USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THIS SITE, OR THESE TERMS, YOUR ONLY REMEDY IS TO STOP USING THE SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) CUSTOMERS WILL FIND AN APPROPRIATE CARER/SERVICE PROVIDER; AND/OR (B) CARERS/SERVICE PROVIDERS WILL BE ENGAGED BY ANY CUSTOMER.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (A) WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) UNDER STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN RELATION TO THE SITE; AND (B) ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE SITE WHETHER IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE ARE EXCLUDED. CONSUMER STATUTORY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED.
- UK HOME CARE DIRECTORY WILL NOT BE LIABLE, IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), UNDER STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, AS A RESULT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, FOR ANY (A) ECONOMIC LOSS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, CONTRACTS, BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS); (B) LOSS OF REPUTATION; (C) LOSS OF DATA; OR (D) SPECIAL OR INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES. IF UK HOME CARE DIRECTORY IS LIABLE TO YOU DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN RELATION TO THE SITE, THAT LIABILITY (HOWSOEVER ARISING) SHALL BE LIMITED TO £50.
- Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by English law.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to make the Site available to you at all times. However, there may be occasions when access to the Site may be interrupted, including for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. In addition, you acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of content and interactions with other users may not be secure.
- We reserve the right to remove any content or features from the Site for any reason, and/or to suspend or cease providing any services relating to the Site without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever in such circumstances.
Termination or Suspension
- We may suspend or delete your account if (a) you have breached any provision of these Terms in particular in relation to payment of fees; (b) we cannot verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; (c) you fail to respond promptly to an enquiry from us or from another user; and/or (d) we determine that your conduct could damage our reputation.
- Any such suspension or deletion will be without prejudice to any rights that we may have against you in respect of your breach of these Terms. If we delete your account, you may not re-register under a different name and you acknowledge that your content may be deleted.
- If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- We may assign or otherwise transfer our rights and obligations in terms of these Terms to third parties.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Updated September 2023